- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- pinch of salt (about 1/8 tsp)
- 6 cups krispie cereal
- 2 cups frosting
- Sprinkles for decoration (optional)
- Lightly spray jelly roll pan (15x10x1) with cooking spray.
- In large saucepan heat butter over low heat.
- When butter is melted add in mini marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat, add in krispie cereal, stir until evenly coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Press evenly into prepared pan. I sprayed my fingers with cooking spray and pressed mixture down compactly, so it would hold together when rolling.
- Allow to cool completely (15-20 minutes).
- Spread frosting on krispie treats, leaving about 1 inch space at the edges. The frosting will push out slightly.
- You can roll the krispie treat pinwheels either way, vertically or horizontally. If rolling from the ends, you will get larger pinwheels, yielding a smaller batch, if rolling from the long sides, you will get a smaller pinwheel, but yield a larger batch.
- If you want to coat the edges in sprinkles, roll the whole “log” in about 1/2 cup sprinkles.
- Slice and serve!
idea inspired by Rice Krispies