These Malted Chocolate Brownies are so chewy, rich and delicious! The combination of chocolate and malt make a sinfully delicious chocolate brownie!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 oz milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60%-72% cacao), coarsely chopped
- 6 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and spry with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, malted milk powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt milk chocolate, bittersweet chocolate and 6 Tbsp butter in a heat proof safe over a simmering pot of water (double boiler). Stir frequently until chocolate is just melted. Add in sugar while chocolate is still over hot water water. Stir until combined and remove bowl from hot water.
- Allow chocolate mixture to cool for about 5 minutes until just warm. Mix in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until center is just set.
- Allow to cool completely before topping with chocolate ganache.
- Place chocolate in a bowl, set aside.
- Heat heavy cream in small saucepan until cream starts to steam, don’t bring to a boil. Pour cream over chocolate and allow to sit for one minute to soften the chocolate. Then stir chocolate until completely melted and combined with cream. Allow ganache to cool for 5 minutes and then pour over cooled brownies. Spread ganache to cover brownies and place in fridge for about 30 minutes until set.
- Cut into squares when ready to serve.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
Recipe adapted from Baked Occasions
Keywords:: chocolate brownies, chocolate brownies recipe, best brownies recipe, fudgy brownies recipe, fudgy brownies, homemade brownies, best brownies, chocolate ganache recipe