Chewy Malted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are easily one of the best oatmeal cookies ever! The subtle malted milk flavor adds a hint of something special.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together about 2 minutes on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
2. Add in the malted milk powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix for about 30 seconds until combined.
3. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the flour until just combined.
4. Slowly add in oats and mix until evenly incorporated.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and stir until mixed in.
6. Let dough chill for at least 2 hours (overnight is best)
7. When ready to bake preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. Using a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop drop the dough 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake for 9-11 minutes until golden around edges, but still soft in center. Do not over-bake!!
10. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 min and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
The flavors really mix together well when you allow the dough to chill. Also, you will produce a thicker cookie when the dough is baked chilled. If you don’t want to chill the dough, the results will still be good, it will just be a thinner cookie.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 14.4 g
- Sodium: 92.2 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.9 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 24.5 mg
Keywords: best oatmeal cookie recipe, chocolate chip cookie recipe, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, easy cookie recipe