These sweet and salty nuts are coated in a crunchy cinnamon sugar mixture and baked until toasty!
- 2 lb mixed nuts, salted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 275°
- Beat the eat the egg whites until they are foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat on high until the whites are thick and shiny. (approx 2-3 minutes) The whites will not have stiff peaks it will just be thicker.
- Mix in the vanilla and cinnamon. Beating until combined.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Now on each baking sheet (jelly roll pan or a baking stone, use a sheet with sides) place 1/2 cup butter and pop in oven until the butter is melted.
- Remove the baking sheets from your oven. Spread the coated nuts in a single layer on the baking sheets, diving equally between the 2 sheets.
- Bake the nuts for 20 minutes and then stir. Bake another 15 minutes and stir again. Repeat until the meringue on the nuts is brown and the butter is absorbed. This should take another 1/2 hour or so.
- Let cool before eating.
Store airtight for up to 2 weeks
They’re perfect to divide up into bags and give as gifts!
Keywords:: cookies and cups, nuts, glazed nuts