- 2 cups milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 5 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with aluminum foil completely and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk both sugars into the chocolate mix. Add in eggs, one at a time and then add vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Stir in flour and salt until evenly incorporated and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes. While they are baking make coconut topping.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Set aside until brownies are done with the first 20 minutes of baking.
- When brownies are done with first 20 minutes, remove from oven and pour coconut mixture over partially baked brownies and return to oven for 10-15 minutes until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.