Makes 15 cupcakes
Milk Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup M&M Candies, blended to a coarse dust
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in stand mixer, beating until light, 1-2 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In microwave or over a double boiler melt the milk chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate into the butter mixture.
- Add the flour mixture and sour cream in alternating increments, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- Slowly add in hot water and stir until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake 15-17 minutes until tops are set and spring back to the touch.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In blender or food processor crush M&M candies until they are a coarse dust.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar and then beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Mix in crushed M&Ms and beat until evenly incorporated.
- Pipe or spread onto cupcakes.
if you prefer a softer frosting, add milk, 1 teaspoon at at a time until you reach your desired consistency.