This recipe makes my all time favorite chocolate chip cookies! Mini chips and coarse sea salt make them the best!
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 (12 oz) bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- optional – flaked sea salt to garnish
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugars together for 2 minutes on medium speed, until fluffy and light.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and continue mixing until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in all chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Cover dough plastic wrap and and refrigerate overnight, or up to 48 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a large (3- tablespoon) cookie scoop drop the dough 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Store the airtight for up to 3 days.
You can use regular sized chocolate chips if you prefer
Keywords:: chocolate chip cookie recipe, best, homemade, easy, simple, mini chocolate chips, soft, chewy