This No Bake Cheesecake combines my two favorite sweet treats in one place.
Any edits or changes I made to the original recipe are marked in italics, or noted in the “Notes” section below the recipe.
- 13 graham crackers (or 2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cake mix (I used Funfetti)
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons heat-treated all purpose flour (*see note)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pasteurized egg whites
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 2 (8- ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 container (4- ounces) thawed whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Line an 8×8- inch pan (*see note) with parchment or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Make the Crust: Use a food processor or blender to grind the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and brown sugar and process until evenly moist throughout. Alternately you can crush the graham crackers in a zip-top bag with a rolling pin.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly in the pan to form an even, flat layer. Freeze to harden.
- Make the Cookie Dough: In a bowl, whisk together the cake mix, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add in the granulated and brown sugars and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add in the egg whites, and mix until until combined and smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Scrape the bowl and add in the sprinkles mixing for an additional 15 seconds.
- Place 3/4 of the dough into the refrigerator to chill. Leave the remaining 1/4 dough at room temperature.
- Make the Cheesecake: In the bowl of your stand mixer (no need to wash it after making the cookie dough) fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until very smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the granulated sugar and vanilla and continue mixing for 1 minute. Add the reserved 1/4 batch of cookie dough and mix into the cream cheese mixture for 30 seconds, or until the dough is evenly dispersed in the mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl. With the mixer on low, add in the powdered sugar mixing until smooth and combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and use a rubber spatula to fold in the whipped topping until just combined. Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator and break it into dime-sized pieces. Fold 3/4 of the pieces into the dough and half of the sprinkles. Spread the batter onto the chilled crust. Top with the remaining dough and sprinkles.
- Freeze for at least an hour until firm, thaw in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and slice with a hot knife. Alternately you can skip the freezer option and chill the cheesecake for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator. The freezer method is to speed this up.
* If I were to make this recipe again I would make it in a 9×9 pan, as the crust is very thick in an 8×8, and there is plenty of cheesecake filling to accommodate a 9×9.
* Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. OR in the freezer for up to a month.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cheesecake, cookie dough, no bake, edible cookie dough, no bake cheesecake, how to make edible cookie dough