- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3 ounces chopped semi sweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 4 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 chocolate cake mix (prepared according to package directions with the following ingredients added)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (3-4 ounce package) instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread your hazelnuts evenly onto the pan.
- Bake the hazelnuts for 6 minutes until lightly golden in color. Remove them from the oven and allow to cool, saving the lined pan for later use.
- Combine the chopped chocolate and the butter in a large heat safe bowl and microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Add in the Nutella and stir until smooth and finally the hazelnuts and the cereal, coating it int he chocolate mixture.
- Spread the mixture out on the parchment lined pan and freeze it until it’s set, about 15 minutes. This can be made up to a few days in advance.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Prepare the chocolate cake according to the package directions but add in the additional egg, ¼ cup water, dry chocolate pudding mix and ½ cup Nutella. Using your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds and then turn mixer up to medium and mix for an additional 3 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until the cake is set and a toothpick inserted int he center comes out clean.
- When the cake is done remove it from the oven and in a medium heat safe bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup Nutella. Heat for 30 seconds in the microwave and stir until it’s combined and smooth. Using a knife poke holes all over the top of the cake while it’s still very warm. Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture all over the cake evenly.
- Allow this to sit for 10 minutes and then top with the Crunch mixture. Allow the cake to chill for at least an hour before serving.
store airtight for up to 3 days refrigerated. I like to let the cake come up to room temperature before serving.