makes 4 dozen cookies
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Nutella
- *optional flaked sea salt for garnish
- In bowl off stand mixer cream butter and both sugars for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until evenly incorporated.
- Melt 2 cups of the chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler.
- Mix in melted chocolate into the butter mixture and evenly combine.
- With mixer on low add in the dry ingredients and blend until dough forms.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a zip-top or piping bag with Nutella and pipe teaspoon sized amounts onto parchment paper, similar to a Hershey Kiss. You will need 48 dollops of Nutella. Place baking sheet in freezer for at least an hour.
- When dough and Nutella are chilled preheat oven to 375°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form cookie dough around each Nutella piece using about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- While cookies are baking place Nutella back in freezer, as it will thaw out quickly.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.