These Nutella Pastry Cookies look fancy, but only have four ingredients! An easy cookie recipe that’s a perfect last minute dessert idea.
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl cream together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour to mixture until combined.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Refrigerate in a zip-top bag for at least an hour, until dough is no longer sticky.
- When dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly sprinkle counter with flour. Roll out one portion of dough into 10″x7″ rectangle. Trim edges if necessary. Cut dough into 2 1/2″ squares. Place a heaping teaspoon amount of Nutella in the center of each square. Moisten edges of dough with water, fold over diagonally and then pinch closed.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a SilPat. Place pastries on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Transfer to wire rack when done and continue cooling.
- **If desired drizzle you can drizzle the pastry cookies with some extra Nutella…heat 1/4 cup Nutella in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, add in about 1/4 -1/2 tsp vegetable oil and stir to thin. Lightly drizzle the Nutella on top of the pastries.
adapted from Taste of Home
store in an airtight container for up to 3 days
Keywords:: easy cookie recipe, nutella cookies, pastry cookies, last minute dessert