Oatmeal Cookie Bars are so soft and chewy, and they’re packed with raisins, chocolate chips, and more! Dessert doesn’t get any easier, or more delicious, than these easy cookie bars!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned (rolled) oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13- inch baking dish with parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder, and mix until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour and oats and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, raisins, and walnuts until evenly incorporated.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20- 25 minutes.
- Allow the bars too cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Let the Cookie Cool Before Cutting the Bars: This gives it a little time to firm up. If you try to cut the bars too early on, they could crumble and fall apart.
- How to Tell When It’s Done: The edges of the cookie should be golden-brown and firm. If the middle looks a little underdone, that’s okay. It’ll finish cooking in the pan while you let it cool.
- Use Parchment Paper: There’s nothing worse than losing cookies to a pan that wasn’t greased enough. Use parchment paper for easy, non-eventful cookie removal!
- Can I Use Quick Oats? Sure! The texture won’t be quite the same, but it still works well and tastes great.
- Storage: Store airtight in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. You can also freeze airtight, between layers of parchment paper, for 2-3 months.
Keywords: cookie bars, oatmeal cookie bars, oatmeal chocolate chip bars