The best recipe for perfect Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! These easy cookies are soft and chewy in the middle with buttery, crisp edges, filled with tender oats, sweet raisins, and white chocolate chips.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together about 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In separate bowl whisk flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon together.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add flour mixture into butter mixture until combined.
- Slowly add in oats and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Finally add in raisins and white chips and stir until mixed in.
- Let dough chill for at least 2 hours (overnight is best).
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, portion out the dough and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until golden around edges, but still soft in center. Do not over-bake!!
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
You can substitute in nuts or semi-sweet chips for the white chocolate chips, if desired.
You don’t have to let the dough chill, but cookies may spread more if you don’t. I prefer the dough to chill, as I find the flavors come together better and also, the cookie bakes nicer, in my opinion.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 12.3 g
- Sodium: 110.9 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 24.9 mg
Keywords: chewy oatmeal cookies, soft oatmeal cookies, best oatmeal raisin cookies