These peanut butter oatmeal cookies are soft, thick and perfect with or without chocolate chips…although I always think chocolate it a good idea!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups old fashioned (rolled) oats
- optional – 2 cups chocolate chips
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and peanut butter together on medium speed until creamy. Add in the granulated and brown sugar and mix for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix for 1 minute until smooth and combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. With the mixer still on low add in the oats, mixing until incorporated. Don’t over-mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least an hour, or up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 3- inches apart. Bake for 11 – 13 minutes, until lightly golden at the edges and set on top.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up t0 5 days.
Freeze baked cookies for up to a month.
Nutrition info given without the addition of chocolate chips.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookies, cookie recipe, peanut butter oatmeal cookies, oatmeal cookies