makes approx 20 squares
- 4 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 2 cups “rough” crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted ~ optional for garnish
- Prepare a 9×9 pan by spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Crush your pretzels (it will take approximately 2/12 cups of pretzels to make 2 cups crushed). I put my pretzels in a ziplock bag and with a rolling pin crushed. Don’t crush them until they are dust.
- In a large sauce pan over low heat melt your butter.
- When the butter is melted, add your marshmallows and stir until almost melted.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Immediately add your pretzels and krispie cereal.
- Stir until combined.
- Press evenly into prepared pan.
- If desired drizzle melted chocolate on top of krispies.
- When chocolate is set, cut into squares.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.