These Pecan Pie Muffins are perfect as breakfast, a side dish on Thanksgiving or for a BBQ or even dessert!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with liners and coat liberally with nonstick spray.* Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the pecans, brown sugar, and flour. Add in the melted butter and vanilla stirring to moisten. Then add the whisked eggs and stir until evenly incorporated. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins with batter evenly and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
*I prefer using the aluminum, coated liners or silicone liners in this recipe, as the paper liners tend to stick more. Again, make sure to coat liberally with nonstick spray. You can also do these without liners in the muffin tin as long as the pan is coated liberally with nonstick spray.
Store airtight for up to 3 days at room temperature. Freeze airtight for up to 30 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, pecan pie muffins, pecan pie, side dish, muffins, breakfast