This all butter frosting recipe is the best!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth. Turn the speed to low and slowly add the powdered sugar until it’s mixed in.
- Slowly stream in 1/4 cup of the heavy cream and vanilla. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix for 1 minute until creamy. Add additional heavy cream, if a creamier frosting is desired.
if you opt to use milk instead of cream start with 2 tablespoons and add from there. Milk is thinner than cream and doesn’t take as much to loosen your frosting.
*Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for 1 moth. Allow the frosting to come to room temperature before using.
Keywords:: frosting, buttercream, cake, butter, recipe