This is hands down the BEST buttercream frosting recipe ever!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Turn the speed to low and slowly add the powdered sugar until it’s mixed in.
- Slowly stream in 1/4 cup of the heavy cream and vanilla. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix for 1 minute until creamy. Add additional heavy cream, if a creamier frosting is desired.
- Use to decorate cake, cupcakes and more!
if you opt to use milk instead of cream start with 2 tablespoons and add from there. Milk is thinner than cream and doesn’t take as much to loosen your frosting.
*Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for 1 moth. Allow the frosting to come to room temperature before using.
Keywords: vanilla buttercream frosting recipe, how to make buttercream, easy, frosting for cake, homemade, fluffy, best