A fully-loaded Moist and Fluffy Carrot Cake that’s packed with pineapple, coconut and raisins, and topped with ultra decadent Cream Cheese Frosting. You can’t beat this unbelievably easy recipe for the best carrot cake ever!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 3/4 cups grated carrots, approximately 5
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins (regular or golden)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- optional – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract OR 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix both sugars, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla together on medium speed until smooth, 1 minute.
- Add in the cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and continue mixing for 30 seconds, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Mix in the flour until just combined.
- Add in the carrots, pineapple, walnuts, coconut, and raisins and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until combined.
- With mixer on low, slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- Once incorporated, turn the speed up to medium and mix for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cooled cake.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
* I don’t ever refrigerate this cake, even with the cream cheese frosting, and it’s fine. But you can absolutely refrigerate this if desired.
Keywords: moist carrot cake, best carrot cake, homemade carrot cake