The BEST most PERFECT Snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever! Super soft and buttery, loaded with cinnamon and sugar. Plus, there’s no chilling the dough necessary, so they can be made QUICK!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cup flour
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg, the yolk, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and cinnamon and mix for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- In a separate small bowl make your Cinnamon Sugar by mixing together cinnamon and sugar, stirring until evenly combined.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion out the dough and roll into a ball. Then roll each cookie dough ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture until coated.
- Place on prepared baking sheet about 2- inches apart. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, turning cookie sheet halfway through baking.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I bake my Snickerdoodles for exactly 11 minutes every time I make this recipe with perfect results, but I know ovens vary, so bake only until the edges are slightly golden. The tops may seem slightly undercooked, but they will firm up perfectly when they cool. If you prefer a crisper cookie, bake for 2 additional minutes.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: snickerdoodle cookies, best snickerdoodle, easy snickerdoodle, what is a snickerdoodle, chewy snickerdoodle recipe