This is the BEST most PERFECT snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever! These cookies are super soft and buttery, and loaded with cinnamon and sugar. Plus, it’s not necessary to chill the dough, so they can be made really quickly!
For the Cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cup flour
For the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg, the yolk, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and cinnamon and mix for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- In a separate small bowl make your Cinnamon Sugar by mixing together cinnamon and sugar, stirring until evenly combined.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion out the dough and roll into a ball. Then roll each cookie dough ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture until coated.
- Place on prepared baking sheet about 2- inches apart. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, turning cookie sheet halfway through baking.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- I bake my Snickerdoodles for exactly 11 minutes every time I make this recipe with perfect results, but I know ovens vary, so bake only until the edges are slightly golden. The tops may seem slightly undercooked, but they will firm up perfectly when they cool. If you prefer a crisper cookie, bake for 2 additional minutes.
- To store. Keep leftover snickerdoodles in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- To freeze. Keep your cookies in an airtight container or tightly-sealed plastic bag. Freeze them for up to 3 months – remember to let your cookies thaw in the fridge when you’re ready to enjoy them again!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 13.7 g
- Sodium: 131.1 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.3 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg
Keywords: snickerdoodle recipe, snickerdoodles, snickerdoodle cookies, snickerdoodle cookie recipe