Philly Cheesesteak Mac n’ Cheese is a fun spin on the classic dish, incorporating two comfort food favorites into one. This recipe is easy, cheesy goodness in a bowl!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 lb – 3/4 lb of deli roast beef. sliced into small pieces
- 10 oz shell pasta
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup provolone, grated or thinly sliced
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- Put a large pot of water onto boil for pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat olive oil on medium heat and saute onions and peppers until onions are translucent and there is no more crunch, about 10 minutes.
- Add sliced roast beef and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Water should be boiling by now. Add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- In a large Dutch Oven or saucepan whisk together eggs, evaporated milk, seasoned salt and both cheeses over medium heat. Continue whisking until cheese is melted and mixture is thick.
- Add pasta into cheese mixture. Add reserved pasta water a few tablespoons at a time until mixture reaches desired consistency. Discard any remaining pasta water.
- Stir in onions, pepper and roast beef, coating with cheese mixture, stirring until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately.
recipe adapted from Food Network Magazine
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 6.8 g
- Sodium: 713.5 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.6 g
- Protein: 26.3 g
- Cholesterol: 115.1 mg
Keywords: easy mac and cheese recipe, best macaroni and cheese recipe, homemade macaroni and cheese recipe, philly cheesesteak mac and cheese, steak mac and cheese