- 6 ounces pepperoni chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella
- 1 cup Homestyle Ragu sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl using your hands combine pepperoni, ground beef, egg, ricotta cheese, thyme, garlic powder, oregano, breadcrumbs, salt, and red pepper.
- Divide the mixture in half and place half of it in the prepared pan, forming into a loaf shape, creating a shallow well. Place the cheese slices in the well of the ground beef mixture. Top the cheese with the remaining meat mixture, making sure to seal the cheese inside, so it doesn’t leak out.
- Spread half of the Ragu Sauce on top of the meatloaf and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven, spread the remaining sauce on top and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve warm