Potluck Oreo Bars will easily be a crowd favorite! They start with a dense chocolate cookie base (made with a cake mix) and are topped with a dreamy Oreo Cream Cheese Mousse! To all the chocolate lovers out there, these dessert bars are for you.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted + 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 (8 oz) brick cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 12 Double Stuf Oreos, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In bowl, stir together cake mix, 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted and 1 egg until smooth.
- Press mixture into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar together until smooth. Remove half of the mixture from the bowl and reserve for later (eyeball it). In the remaining cream cheese mixture, add cocoa powder, 1/4 cup butter, melted and remaining egg. Beat until smooth.
- Spread this mixture over top the cake mix layer. Bake for 30 minutes until just set.
- Allow to cool completely.
- When base is completely cool, stir in half of your chopped Oreos to the remaining cream cheese mixture. Then fold in thawed Cool Whip until smooth.
- Spread this all over your cooled base. Sprinkle with remaining chopped Oreos.
- Chill for at least an hour. Cut into squares when ready to serve.
store airtight in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
recipe adapted from The Stir
Keywords:: oreo bar recipe, oreo cream cheese mousse recipe, how to make oreo bars, best dessert bar recipe, how to make dessert bars, oreo dessert recipe, easy dessert bar recipe, dessert bar recipe,