This Classic Pound Cake recipe uses only 4 simple ingredients that all weigh in at 1 pound each to create a traditional butter cake that is perfect topped with strawberries and whipped cream!
- 2 cups salted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 9 large eggs
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 10- cup bundt pan liberally with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined, scraping the sides as needed.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour slowly until combined, again scraping the sides to ensure everything is combined evenly.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 70-80 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. If you notice it is browning too much on the top, tent with foil.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes and then release onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
I find that this cake is best if it sits overnight before slicing, as it becomes more moist.
Storage tip: Carefully flip the cake back into the bundt pan if storing overnight before slicing. You need to remove it from the pan to endure it doesn’t stick, but carefully flipping it back in and covering it tightly to sit is an easy way to store it airtight!
Serve with whipped cream and fruit, icing, or ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 433
- Sugar: 25.1 g
- Sodium: 223.1 mg
- Fat: 25.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.6 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 165.6 mg
Keywords: pound cake recipe, cookies and cups, butter cake, bundt cake, how to make pound cake, why is it called pound cake, best pound cake recipe, easy