This Trifle Recipe looks fancy, but is incredibly easy to put assemble. Use a store-bought pound cake or make one from scratch! This is also an easy way to use leftover pound cake!
- 6 cups fresh mixed berries
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon lemon curd, divided
- 8– ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8– ounces whipped topped, thawed
- 8 cups cubed pound cake
- extra whipped topping or whipped cream for garnish
- In a large bowl combine the berries and 1 tablespoon of lemon curd. Stir gently to coat and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and lemon curd on medium speed until creamy. Turn the mixer to low and add in the whipped topping, mixing until almost combined. Turn the mixer off and using a rubber spatula stir the mixture by hand until combined.
- In your trifle dish layer spoon a layer of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom. Top with pound cake and then berries. Repeat these layers until you fill your dish, topping with more whipped topping if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
8 cups of cubed pound cake is roughly 1 pound cake baked in a loaf pan or half of a pound cake baked in a 10-cup bundt pan.
Store the trifle assembled airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, pound cake trifle, trifle recipe, how to make a trifle, berry trifle, english trifle, trifle dish