Pumpkin Beer Bread is a soft, sweet pumpkin bread recipe that is the perfect side dish for your holiday table or breakfast cake!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15- ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the sugar, beer, honey and oil together on medium-low speed until combined. Add in the eggs, pumpkin, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice and continue mixing on medium-low speed until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour and mix until just combined. Don’t over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until set in the middle. If the cake starts to brown on top or around the edges too much, lightly tent the pan with aluminum foil.
- When the cake is done make the glaze. Combine the butter, sugar, water, and vanilla into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir continuously until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved. Do not bring to a boil.
- Poke holes all over the warm cake using a knife and pour the glaze evenly on the cake while still in the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
recipe adapted from Southern Living
Keywords:: pumpkin, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, beer bread, easy pumpkin bread, pumpkin quick bread, best pumpkin bread