This is the perfect cozy fall recipe! Pumpkin bread is simple to make and absolutely delicious!
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8×4- inch pan with nonstick spray. Line the pan with parchment paper and coat again with nonstick spray.
- Crumb Topping: In a medium bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and butter with a pastry cutter or fork until large crumbs are formed. You can also use your hands to do this. Set aside.
- Bread: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the prepared crumb mix.
- Bake for 55 – 65 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. If you notice the bread browning too quickly, loosely tent with aluminum foil.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 20 -30 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store airtight for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Freeze airtight for up to a month for best freshness.
Keywords: cookies and cups, pumpkin bread, pumpkin recipe, quick bread