This easy and delicious pumpkin bread is a staple in my house every fall. Soft, sweet pumpkin bread requires no mixer, and is topped with a crunchy, buttery streusel!
Make sure to try my Pumpkin Banana Bread recipe too!
Table of Contents
- Break Out the Cozy! It’s Pumpkin Bread Time!
- What To Expect: Why This Is the BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe?
- Pumpkin Bread Ingredients and Supplies:
- Step By Step Instructions:
- If You Don’t Have Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- Pumpkin Bread Without Crumb Topping?
- 8 Secrets To The Best Easy Pumpkin Bread
- How To Store and Keep You Pumpkin Bread Fresh After Baking:
- Give Pumpkin Bread As a Gift!
- Can You Make This Recipe into Pumpkin Muffins?
- Other Pumpkin Recipes You Will LOVE:
- Get the Recipe
Break Out the Cozy! It’s Pumpkin Bread Time!
I have made this pumpkin bread recipe for years! I’m not sure why I have never shared this one with you before. When the weather starts to turn I make sure I have plenty of cans of canned pumpkin in my pantry because this pumpkin bread is on repeat all season! Sweet, soft, and cinnamon spiced pumpkin bread topped with buttery crumb topping is my absolute favorite…dare I say it’s even better than Starbucks Pumpkin Bread! Slather it with butter, add a few chocolate chips (if that’s your thing) and settle in with a cup of coffee. I know you’re going to love this recipe as much as I do!
What To Expect: Why This Is the BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe?
- Ease of prep. This is a quick bread recipe, so no yeast is needed. And no mixer is required for this recipe, just a spoon and a bowl!
- Thick buttery crumb topping. The sweet, crunchy streusel that sits on top of this bread is my favorite part of this recipe! You can omit it if you prefer, but I adore it!
- This pumpkin bread freezes beautifully if you wan to make a few and save it for later!
- Adaptability! You can add in chocolate chips, nuts (walnuts or pecans would be great), or dried fruit (raisins or dried cranberries) if you would like!
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients and Supplies:
This recipe does not require a mixer, but you can absolutely use one if you prefer that method of mixing ingredients! In my opinion, less to dishes to wash, the better, but it’s your call!
The ingredient list is pretty simple, here’s what you will need:
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vegetable oil. You can also use Canola Oil, Coconut Oil (measured in its liquid state), or even light olive oil.
- Large eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (or you can use ground cinnamon)
- Canned Pure Pumpkin
- Granulated Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Baking Soda
- All Purpose Flour
The supplies I use:
- Mixing bowl
- 8×4- inch loaf pan you can also use a 9×5- inch pan but the loaf will just be a little thinner.
- Parchment paper
- Rubber spatula
Step By Step Instructions:
- Grease and line your 8×4- inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and parchment paper.
- Prep your streusel (crumb topping). In a medium bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix together using a pastry cutter or fork to form crumbs. You can also use your hands to do this, Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Add in the pumpkin and whisk until smooth.
- In another large bowl whisk together the salt, baking soda, and flour. Add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture and mix together using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the crumb topping evenly.
- Bake for 55 – 65 minutes, or until a toothpick, skewer, or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool for about 20 – 30 minutes in the pan and then remove it to cool on a wire rack!
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
If You Don’t Have Pumpkin Pie Spice:
It’s no problem! You can sub in ground cinnamon, or you can make your own! This will make more than you need, but store it for later in a zip-top bag! Just mix together:
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
Pumpkin Bread Without Crumb Topping?
If you aren’t into crumb or streusel on top, you can easily omit it from this recipe! Simply leave it off…the bread will bake up just as great. You will be able to shave off a few minutes of bake time, but not too much. Just check it about 7 minutes earlier and see how it’s going!
8 Secrets To The Best Easy Pumpkin Bread
- It’s Browning Too Fast In the Oven! If this is happening to you with this recipe, or really any cake or bread recipe, loosely tent the pan with aluminum foil to stop the browning process!
- Don’t Use Pumpkin Pie Filling! Use pumpkin puree otherwise known as 100% pumpkin, canned pumpkin, or pure pumpkin.
- Don’t Over Bake! This bread is baked in a loaf pan, so the bake time can vary from oven to oven. I usually check a recipe like this 10 minutes before the recipe says it’s done and see how things are going! Inserting a skewer into the center and it comes out clean is the best way to test for doneness.
- Prep the Pan! When making this recipe, as well as any bread or cake I always recommend greasing the pan well and THEN line the pan with parchment paper and grease (or spray with nonstick spray) again. There is nothing worse then going to the trouble of baking and having half the bread stick to the pan.
- Parchment Paper. I like to cut a strip long enough to line the bottom of the pan and up 2 sides of the pan. This makes removing the bread form the pan simple, as you can easily grip the paper and remove it!
- Make It Your Own! Once you’ve made this recipe you can play around with a few things to make the recipe your own. If you would like a moister bread, add 1/4 more pumpkin. (Be careful doing this though, too much pumpkin can make a gummy bread). If you prefer a less moist bread, remove 1/4 cup! Play around with spices too…for flavor add more cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cloves etc to suit your taste!
- Store Properly! Make sure you store this airtight so it doesn’t dry out! If you let this bread sit uncut overnight it gets even moister believe it or not! FYI: The crumb topping will soften a bit as it is stored.
How To Store and Keep You Pumpkin Bread Fresh After Baking:
- Bake the bread and allow it to cool completely.
- I store this pumpkin bread airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days. I like to double wrap my pumpkin bread to keep it extra moist! When the bread has cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil and then place it in a larger zip-top bag!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Store in the freezer for up to 30 days for best freshness.
Give Pumpkin Bread As a Gift!
This bread is the ultimate food gift! I like to make a few batches at a time. Bake it, let it cool completely, and wrap up in plastic wrap or cellophane! Tie it with a ribbon and print out the recipe to attach because your friends will surely ask for it after they try it!
Can You Make This Recipe into Pumpkin Muffins?
Sure you can! Fill muffin liners 2/3 full, top with crumb topping and bake for 23 – 26 minutes!
Other Pumpkin Recipes You Will LOVE:Print
This is the perfect cozy fall recipe! Pumpkin bread is simple to make and absolutely delicious!
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8×4- inch pan with nonstick spray. Line the pan with parchment paper and coat again with nonstick spray.
- Crumb Topping: In a medium bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and butter with a pastry cutter or fork until large crumbs are formed. You can also use your hands to do this. Set aside.
- Bread: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the prepared crumb mix.
- Bake for 55 – 65 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. If you notice the bread browning too quickly, loosely tent with aluminum foil.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 20 -30 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store airtight for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Freeze airtight for up to a month for best freshness.
Keywords: cookies and cups, pumpkin bread, pumpkin recipe, quick bread
Want To Save This Recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
PIN for later: