These Easy Pumpkin Blondies are insanely delicious! They’re packed with flavor, made without a mixer, and are made with simple ingredients. These are easily going to be your go-to fall dessert!
Every fall I think that I have enough pumpkin recipes on my website. Every fall I wonder if pumpkin is still going to be a huge thing. Every fall I wonder why I wonder these things. Because yes, of course you want more pumpkin recipes. And yes OF COURSE pumpkin is still a thing.
Sometimes I waste my time wondering.
So here we are with a CRAZY easy Pumpkin Blondies recipe that happens to be jam packed with flavor. You of course have pumpkin pie spice. And you have brown sugar. But you also get browned butter in there that takes the whole blondie recipe up a level. Or three. Three, indeed.
These Pumpkin Blondies are so easy to make! No mixer required!
The extra step in this blondies recipe is that you brown your butter first. And while no, you don’t HAVE to do that, you should. You really should.
Browning butter is easy and can be done ahead! All you do is melt your butter in a saucepan and continue to cook it while it boils. Just swirl the pan pretty frequently so it doesn’t burn and in a few minutes you have butter that is a deep amber color, smelling like liquid gold.
This honestly deepens the flavor of these Pumpkin Blondies and makes them that much more delicious and rich.
And like I said, you don’t have to use a mixer! I mean, you certainly can…but a big bowl and a wooden spoon work just as well.
I like to add white chocolate chips into my blondies recipe. I love that flavor combination. But you can absolutely use chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or nuts instead….or even a combo of them all!
When you bake them just make sure they are set in the middle of the pan. They will take about 35-ish minutes to bake.
Your house will smell like a fall candle, which we all know is the best candle season.
Waiting for them to cool can be hard, but you can do it. Or don’t..eat them warm, I see you.
These Easy Pumpkin Blondies are easy enough to enjoy any day of the week, but also delicious enough to serve to guests or to take to a get-together. We love them so much!Print
These Pumpkin Blondies are so insanely delicious you will want to make them year round!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups white chips
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter and bring to a boil. Once the butter is boiling, continue cooking the butter while swirling the pan frequently to avoid burning. When the butter becomes a deep amber color, remove it from the heat and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 pan with foil or parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooled butter and sugar. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir to combine. Add in the pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, salt, baking powder, egg, and pumpkin and mix until smooth. Alternately you could do this with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on the low setting.
- Evenly mix in the flour until incorporated.
- Stir in the white chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Allow the blondies to cool completely before slicing into bars.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If you don’t prefer white chips, you can use chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or nuts in their place. OR certainly you could use a combination of all!