This Snickerdoodle Apple Bread is CRAZY GOOD and makes your house smell amazing while it’s baking!! It’s an easy apple bread recipe that is topped with sweet cinnamon sugar, and when it bakes it gets this crunchy sugar crust that is amazing!
Looking for a classic snickerdoodle recipe? Try my easy snickerdoodle cookies. They come out perfect every time!
Oh friends. Today is a good day. Why you ask? Well, because it’s not yesterday. Yesterday was the worst. I mean, nothing SUPER bad happened, but it was just, “one of those days”. And now it’s today. It’s pretty great how the universe gives you a reset every 24 hours.
So we’re going to kick off the celebration of today with this Snickerdoodle Apple Bread.
What actually happened last week when I was making this, was I wanted to make a Chunky Apple Streusel Bread. BUT I was having another one of “those days” and added baking SODA instead of baking POWDER…AND the glorious streusel topping I made mysteriously disappeared whilst baking. To be honest with you, though, it still tasted magnificent..albeit a little squishy in the center from the buried streusel treasure. So even though I ate it, I knew it wasn’t the recipe I wanted to share.
So I went back to the drawing board and came out on the other side with this crackly, cinnamony, chunky, apple bread recipe. Never has chunky looked so good.
How to Make Snickerdoodle Apple Bread
The recipe for this apple bread is really very simple…and honestly it’s more like a cake disguised as bread.
- Grab a Granny Smith Apple, and peel and dice it up.
- The batter for the bread is much like a thick cake batter. I like to use my stand mixer for this!
- The best part is the cinnamon sugar topping, which kind of sits on top, but as it bakes it forms this crackly crust which is amazing!
Then you could wait until it’s cooled to slice it up or throw caution to the wind and get at it. I won’t be mad.
You guys might want to propose to me after this. Sorry, I’m taken.
This easy apple cinnamon bread is a soft and moist quick bread recipe loaded with sweet apples and cozy spice, topped with a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping.
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled and finely chopped
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×5″ loaf pan with baking spray. Line the bottom and the ends of the pan with a strip of parchment paper (for easy removal) and spray again. Set aside.
- Whisk together salt, baking powder, and flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat butter, both sugars, and cinnamon for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping sides as necessary. Add in both eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, again scraping sides as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour mixture and milk in alternating additions, starting and ending with flour. Mix until just combined.
- Finally, add in apples and stir until just combined and pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon for topping and sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the bread is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 24.3 g
- Sodium: 143.1 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.6 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 61.8 mg
Keywords: apple cinnamon bread
Want To Save This Recipe?