This Snickerdoodle Apple Bread is CRAZY GOOD and makes your house smell amazing while it’s baking!!
Oh friends. Today is a good day.
Why you ask? Well, because it’s not yesterday. Yesterday was the worst. I mean, nothing SUPER bad happened, but it was just, “one of those days”.
And now it’s today. It’s pretty great how the universe gives you a reset every 24 hours.
So we’re going to kick off the celebration of today with this Snickerdoodle Apple Bread.
I shared the picture for this last week on Instagram when I was making it. And I have literally been counting the days until I could post the recipe. That’s not even an exaggeration per yoush.
What actually happened last week when I was making this, was I wanted to make a Chunky Apple Streusel Bread. BUT I was having another one of “those days” and added baking SODA instead of baking POWDER…AND the glorious streusel topping I made mysteriously disappeared whilst baking. To be honest with you, though, it still tasted magnificent..albeit a little squishy in the center from the buried streusel treasure. So even though I ate it, I knew it wasn’t the recipe I wanted to share.
So I went back to the drawing board and came out on the other side with this crackly, cinnamony, chunky, apple beauty. Never has chunky looked so good.
The recipe is pretty simple dimple.
Grab a Granny Smith Apple.
Peel it and dice it small-ish.
Then whip up the batter, which it super simp.
THEN sprinkle some cinnamon sugar all up on there.
When it’s baked the cinnamon sugar creates this sugary, delicious crust on top. It’s pretty magic.
Then you could wait until it’s cooled to slice it up or throw caution to the wind and get at it. I won’t be mad.
You guys might want to propose to me after this. Sorry, I’m taken.
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled and finely chopped
Cinnamon sugar topping
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with baking spray. Line bottoms and up the ends with a strip of parchment paper (for easy removal) and spray again. Set aside.
- Whisk together salt, baking powder and flour. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter, both sugars and cinnamon for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping sides as necessary. Add in both eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, again scraping sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour mixture and milk in alternating additions, starting and ending with flour. Mix until just combined.
- Finally add in apples and stir until just combined and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon for topping and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until bread is set and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords: apples, snickerdoodle, bread, cinnamon, cookies and cups