This amazing Fresh Strawberry Bread Recipe is a keeper! Soft and moist, topped with a sweet strawberry cream cheese icing, it’s the perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert!
Make sure to try my Strawberry Pound Cake recipe too!
This recipe was originally published in 2014. The recipe and the photos have been updated in 2021.
Fresh Strawberry Bread Is Moist, Sweet, and Delicious!
Strawberry Bread is a HUGE favorite in my house! Somehow it seems more special than banana bread, but it’s just as easy and perfectly delicious! Plus, it’s basically a cake that we call bread, so you’ll feel fine about eating it for breakfast. At least that’s the rationalization I use when I’m slicing a piece at 7:00 am.
Soft, moist quick bread is loaded with fresh strawberries and topped with a sweet strawberry cream cheese icing. This can be made relatively quickly and can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature!
How To Make Strawberry Bread
This is a Quick Bread recipe that doesn’t require yeast, much like banana bread! All you need are a few simple ingredients, a loaf pan, and you’ll have a loaf of Strawberry Bread in about an hour!
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- kosher salt
Can You Use Frozen Strawberries?
Yes you can! You will need to thaw out the strawberries, pat them dry and then chop them up!
Tips On Making Strawberry Bread:
- Coat the strawberries in a little flour, this will help prevent the strawberries from sinking to the bottom!
- You can line the baking pan with parchment paper instead of just greasing the pan. This will help removing the bread from the pan even easier. I recommend coating the pan with nonstick spray first, then cutting a piece of parchment paper into a strip that covers the bottom and up the two long ends of the pan (which makes it easier to lift out). Place the parchment into the pan and then coat everything again with more spray!
- Turn the pan halfway through baking to make sure it bakes evenly!
Do You Have To Top This With Icing?
Nope you don’t have to at all! Coating this with icing is just an extra step to make it even more special! The Strawberry Cream Cheese icing is absolutely amazing! Plus, it’s only 3 ingredients!
- pureed strawberries
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
Can You Freeze Strawberry Bread?
Yes you absolutely can! Just wrap it in plastic wrap really well, wrap it again in foil and then freeze it for up to 30 days for best freshness!
Here Are More Strawberry Recipes You Will Love:
- Strawberry Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Brownies
- Strawberry Shortbread Bars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: serves 10 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Breakfast
This fresh strawberry bread is the perfect springtime recipe!
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup pureed strawberries
- 1/4 cup (2 – ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Bread: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the chopped strawberries and 2 tablespoons flour, coating strawberries completely. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined evenly, scraping sides, as necessary.
- Add in baking powder and salt and continue to mix.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour, mix until batter is just smooth.
- Fold in the strawberries and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Icing: Mix the pureed strawberries, cream cheese and powdered sugar together in a medium bowl until smooth. Spread or pipe on top of the bread, allowing it to drip down the sides.
store in the refrigerator, airtight for up to 3 days.
freeze for up to 30 days
Keywords: cookies and cups, strawberry bread, quick bread, strawberries
Want To Save This Recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
PIN for later:
41 comments on “Fresh Strawberry Bread”
Please give your recipe for strawberry puree—I have so many variations. I simply would appreciate a definitive recipe. Please advise me. Thank you
Just blend up fresh strawberries!
I have been on this darned computer for more time than I care to admit attempting to receive one consistent answer to the following: how many strawberries are needed to make 1/4 cup strawberry puree? I do not expect a “written in stone” answer ( I assume the number will depend on the individual strawberry size) I truly want to make your recipe, but darned if I can find one answer to my query. I would greatly appreciate a response. I must add, I did read your recipe (I’m sure I probably missed the amount /number of strawberries needed to make puree), but I promise I cannot find the answer. I shall thank you in advance.
about a cup give or take 🙂
Do you have a strawberry bread recipe using came mix.