This is THE BEST Strawberry Pound Cake Recipe EVER. This pound cake recipe is loaded with fresh strawberries, and is ultra moist and topped with a sweet icing. You MUST make this strawberry cake!
Strawberry Pound Cake is the PERFECT Pound Cake Recipe for Fresh Strawberries!
Strawberry season is upon us, and I am READY! Warm temperatures, ripe, sweet berries…it’s my favorite time of year! And this Strawberry Cake Recipe is sure to be on rotation all season long. As a matter of fact, this might be on my dessert table all year long, because frozen strawberries work perfectly as well! I won’t get ahead of myself though…
You know I love a good pound cake recipe, and when I had the idea of combining strawberries and pound cake I knew it was a good idea! BUT I had to make a few tweaks to my classic pound cake recipe for it to work with the strawberries. I wanted to make sure the cake was extra moist and flavorful and the strawberry flavor really came through without using any artificial flavors!
Looking for other Pound Cake Recipes? Try These:
How To Make Strawberry Cake
Luckily this cake recipe is really pretty easy! Honestly, it looks fancy, but couldn’t be quicker to prep. It does take a little while to bake, but it’s also a great cake to make in advance because this pound cake is amazing warm, but it’s just as good the next day!
What Ingredients Do You Need?
There are super simple key ingredients in this strawberry cake. Here are a few:
- Strawberries: Just slice the strawberries and mix them right in the cake batter!
- Butter: I always use salted butter in this pound cake!
- Granulated Sugar: This cake gets a nice, deep color and flavor thanks to the strawberries, so you don’t need to use brown sugar, just white!
- Eggs: You use 4 eggs in this recipe, which is pretty standard for a pound cake!
- Baking Soda/Baking Powder/Kosher Salt: You need all of these to get the perfect rise on the cake!
- Buttermilk: I really feel like buttermilk is the secret ingredient in cake baking. It really gives the cake a tender crumb.
- Flour: Since this is a pound cake, use all purpose flour in this recipe. Pound cake is more dense than a layer cake, so don’t worry about using cake flour, it won’t make a huge difference.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
Yes! You can use frozen strawberries, just thaw them out and slice them as the recipe states. Also make sure you pat them dry, as frozen and thawed berries will be more moist than fresh.
At What Temperature Do You Bake This Bundt Cake?
You bake this cake at 325°F. It takes a little longer to bake at this lower temperature, but you want to make sure it bakes all the way through without it getting too brown on the tops.
How Do You Decorate a Strawberry Cake?
I like to use a sweet, sugar icing the drizzles down the side of the cake. a simple mix of powdered sugar and milk is all you need! if you are looking for something a little different, here are a few options to frost a strawberry cake:
How to Adapt This Cake Recipe
Can You Use Other Fruits In This Cake Recipe?
Yep! This is a simple way to make this cake work for whatever fruit you have on hand! Blueberries would be great, or mixed berries. Even peaches would work!
Can You Make This Cake Into Muffins?
Sure! If you do, you can bake them at 350°F for 20-25 minutes!
Can You Use This Strawberry Pound Cake For Strawberry Shortcake?
YESSS! Can you even imagine how good that would be?? Pound Cake is perfect with strawberry shortcake, and add in MORE strawberries, you will definitely have a winner!
Can You Freeze Strawberry Cake?
Absolutely! Allow the cake to cool completely. Don’t pour the icing on the cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then wrap it again in more plastic wrap or foil and freeze it for up to a month.
To thaw it, allow the cake to come to room temperature pour the icing on, if desired, and enjoy!
Looking For Other Strawberry Recipes? Try These:
Strawberry Pound Cake is an easy, ultra moist pound cake recipe with the perfect amount of fresh strawberries baked inside!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 16 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 12- cup bundt pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and in alternating additions add in the buttermilk and flour, beginning and ending with flour, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in the strawberries until evenly mixed in.
- Bake for 85-90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then invert the pan onto a cake plate.
- Once the cake is mostly cooled whisk together the powdered sugar and the milk for the icing. Pour this on top of the cake. The cooler the cake is, the thicker the icing will remain.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cake recipe, cookies and cups, strawberry cake, pound cake, cake, strawberries