Strawberry Pound Cake is an easy, ultra moist pound cake recipe with the perfect amount of fresh strawberries baked inside!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 16 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 12- cup bundt pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and in alternating additions add in the buttermilk and flour, beginning and ending with flour, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in the strawberries until evenly mixed in.
- Bake for 85-90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then invert the pan onto a cake plate.
- Once the cake is mostly cooled whisk together the powdered sugar and the milk for the icing. Pour this on top of the cake. The cooler the cake is, the thicker the icing will remain.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 491
- Sugar: 52.5 g
- Sodium: 341.9 mg
- Fat: 17.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 77.9 g
- Protein: 6.3 g
- Cholesterol: 104.2 mg
Keywords: cake recipe, cookies and cups, strawberry cake, pound cake, cake, strawberries