This Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake is incredibly buttery, sweet and swirled with cinnamon. This pound cake recipe is soft, moist, and of course topped with cream cheese icing!
If you’re craving a more traditional pound cake, try my Classic Pound Cake Recipe!
Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake is a Delicious Spin on a Classic Pound Cake Recipe!
If that picture up above didn’t catch your eye you need to check your pulse. Rich, buttery cake, swirled with cinnamon and topped with cream cheese frosting. Hold me.
I had such a great time making this cake…it was simple to put together and whenever you get to swirl buttery cinnamon goodness around in batter I’m all in. AND any cake that has a “breakfast” spin on it making it even more acceptable to be eaten in the morning is a winner in my book!
The cake is buttery, soft, and moist and it has the most delicious cinnamon swirl baked right inside.
For the assembly I ALWAYS recommend heavily greasing your bundt pan. There is nothing worse than flipping that thing over only to have half of your cake stuck. It’s a crime.
So just know I go in like my momma taught me with a big old handful of Crisco and get in all the nooks and crannies…THEN I dust it with flour. I know some people are partial to nonstick spray, so if that works for you, go for it! OR if butter is your method to grease the pan…absolutely…I just wanted to share what works best for me. Crisco and flour. Amen.
Once you make your batter put half of it in the pan, then top it with half of the cinnamon swirl. Work that through the batter with a butter knife. THEN top that with the remaining batter and remaining cinnamon mixture. Swirl it again. Isn’t it purty?
Bake it until it’s golden and gorgeous…
Then you should top it with cream cheese frosting. It’s the right choice.
Everyone in my family loved this cake…AND I gave some away to friends…
Cake is for sharing, isn’t it?
Looking For More Pound Cake Recipes? Try These:Print
This Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake is incredibly buttery, sweet and swirled with cinnamon. The texture is soft and moist. Perfection!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Liberally grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with nonstick spray, or my preferred method of Crisco or butter and a light dusting of flour.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the butter for 1 minute on high speed. Slowly add the granulated sugar. Mix the butter and sugar together for 5 minutes until very pale and fluffy. Turn the mixer to medium and add the eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn your mixer to the lowest speed and slowly add in the flour. Then add the baking soda and salt, mixing until just combined, carefully not to overbeat the mixture at this point.
- Add the sour cream, oil and vanilla, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Set the batter aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Drizzle half of the cinnamon swirl over the batter and using a butter knife swirl the mixture into the batter. Repeat this process with the remaining batter and swirl.
- Bake the cake for 75-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert the pan onto a serving plate. Let the cake cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the cream cheese and the butter until smooth, 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the powdered sugar, mixing until it’s incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium and beat for 1 minute. Add in the milk and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour or spread your icing on top of the cooled cake.
- Serve immediately or store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
The only change I made to Jocelyn’s recipe was I used only 2 tablespoons of milk in the icing, instead of the 1/4 cup called for, as I wanted a thicker icing layer. So please note what is pictured is the icing with that minor change.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 686
- Sugar: 68 g
- Sodium: 275.2 mg
- Fat: 33.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 90.5 g
- Protein: 7.4 g
- Cholesterol: 157.8 mg
Keywords: pound cake recipe, pound cake cream cheese, pound cake with cream cheese, pound cake best recipe, cinnamon roll cake, cinnamon cake, cinnamon cake recipe, best cake recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?