- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup pureed strawberries
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray or grease a 9×5 loaf pan, set aside.
- In bowl mix strawberries and 2 Tbsp flour, coating strawberries. Set aside.
- IN bowl of stand mixer cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined evenly, scraping sides, as necessary.
- Add in baking powder and salt and continue to mix.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix until batter is smooth.
- Fold in strawberries and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Beat pureed strawberries, cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Spread over bread, allowing it to drip down the sides.
store airtight for up to 2 days.