This fresh strawberry bread is the perfect springtime recipe!
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup pureed strawberries
- 1/4 cup (2 – ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Bread: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the chopped strawberries and 2 tablespoons flour, coating strawberries completely. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined evenly, scraping sides, as necessary.
- Add in baking powder and salt and continue to mix.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour, mix until batter is just smooth.
- Fold in the strawberries and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Icing: Mix the pureed strawberries, cream cheese and powdered sugar together in a medium bowl until smooth. Spread or pipe on top of the bread, allowing it to drip down the sides.
store in the refrigerator, airtight for up to 3 days.
freeze for up to 30 days
Keywords:: cookies and cups, strawberry bread, quick bread, strawberries