These moist Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are sweet, delicious, and adaptable! Perfect with a cup of coffee!
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8– ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15- ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- Cream Cheese Filling: In a medium mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, egg, and 3- tablespoons sugar with a hand mixer until combined and smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture into a bowl and refrigerate while you complete the next steps.
- Streusel: In a medium bowl mix together the light brown sugar, butter, oats, flour, cinnamon, and pumpkin seeds until combined and coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- Muffins: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 tins with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the oil, 2 cups sugar, eggs, and pumpkin puree. Stir until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Fill the liners halfway full with the muffin batter. Drop a spoonful of the cream cheese into the batter and top with a tablespoon more of batter covering the cream cheese. (This creates muffins where the cream cheese is inside the muffin. See the notes for other methods.). Repeat this process with the remaining batter and cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly on the muffins and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the muffins are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To create muffins where the cream cheese remains on top, fill the muffin tin 3/4 full and spoon the cream cheese in the center. Sprinkle the streusel mixture around the edge of the cupcake, not covering the cream cheese. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
If you don’t prefer streusel, you can omit it.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin recipe, starbucks copycat