Pumpkin Molasses Cookies are a mash up of a classic molasses cookie made with pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in the molasses, pumpkin, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix for 1 minute on medium speed until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Portion out the dough using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, and roll each into a ball. Place the balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes, or until the tops are just set.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cookies are cooled, whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth. Dip the tops of each cookie in the icing and allow it to set.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookie recipe, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cookie recipe, molasses cookies, molasses cookie recipe, soft molasses cookies