makes 14 pie pockets
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 store bought rolled pie crusts
- egg wash (1 beaten egg and 1 Tbsp water)
- Cinnamon sugar (2 Tbsp sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In your mixing bowl beat cream cheese and pumpkin until combined and smooth. Add in your sugar and salt and mix until incorporated. On low add in your butter, half and half vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and egg yolk.
- Turn mixer up to medium and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until set.
- Let cool before filling your pie pockets.
- Flatten your crust on a floured work surface. Roll the crust out a little thinner.
- Cut your crust into rounds, approx 3″ in diameter.
- Place 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie filling in the center of each.
- Brush the edges with egg wash and place a top crust over filling and pinch edges.
- Bake at 350° on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- When done, remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm or room temperature