- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups AP flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and both sugars for 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg, vanilla and pumpkin and mix for 1 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in the baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice and mix to combine.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour until just combined.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until the tops of the cookies are just set.
- In a medium saucepan combine the butter, cream, brown sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice over medium heat. Heat mixture until it comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Once it comes to a boil, allow it to boil for one minute and then remove from heat.
- Immediately whisk in the vanilla and powdered sugar, stirring until smooth. Finally, stir in the nuts.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes and then spread on top of the warm cookies.