These Pumpkin Praline Cookies are super soft cookies topped with buttery, sweet praline frosting. A guaranteed fall favorite!
I am Fall full steam ahead right about now. It will be October in a few days and the weather here in the Northeast is starting to cool a bit. It’s getting good.
The past few months I have been traveling a lot…luckily enough all my destinations are warm places, but it’s made the Fall transition a bit confusing to my brain as well as my wardrobe. I am desperate to pack away all the shorts and tank tops for another year. These legs are over the visibility and are fully ready to go undercover for the next two seasons.
Thank goodness my stomach is not confused. That would be the real tragedy here. There is no mistaking the fall food season, and I. Am. Ready.
Next week I will be sitting on a beach in Jamaica but you can guarantee that I will sneak a few of these cookies into my carry on bag. Side note – the thought of putting myself back in a swimsuit is terrifying. So so terrifying.
Pumpkin and Praline together makes a whole lotta sense. The brown sugary-ness of the frosting on top of the soft pumpkin cookie is the perfect match.
There isn’t much to say about the cookie dough except it will be a little sticky… oh and the fact that I ate about 1/3 of it before it even made it into the oven. Sigh. Hopeless.
They bake up pretty cute…
But then make your frosting. Because this frosting is the real deal.
It’s brown sugar, butter, heavy cream, powdered sugar. Goodness.
Oh and of course pecans…it’s a praline frosting after all.
If you really don’t prefer nuts you can 100% omit them. Without the crunch these will be equally as melt in your mouth delicious.Print
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups AP flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and both sugars for 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg, vanilla and pumpkin and mix for 1 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in the baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice and mix to combine.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour until just combined.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until the tops of the cookies are just set.
- In a medium saucepan combine the butter, cream, brown sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice over medium heat. Heat mixture until it comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Once it comes to a boil, allow it to boil for one minute and then remove from heat.
- Immediately whisk in the vanilla and powdered sugar, stirring until smooth. Finally, stir in the nuts.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes and then spread on top of the warm cookies.