This Pumpkin S’mores Cake is completely over the top delicious in the best way possible. It combines summer and fall into one show-stopping cake. It’s a soft, delicious pumpkin cake topped with Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting, chocolate ganache, and toasted Campfire Mini Marshmallows!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (like Libby’s canned pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 14 ounces marshmallow creme
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups Campfire® Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat 2, 8- inch round pans with nonstick spray. Line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper cut to fit, and spray again. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the cake mix, pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Mix on low to combine for 30 seconds and then turn the mixer up to medium and continue mixing for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Divide the batter between the two pans evenly and bake for 25-35 minutes until the centers of the cake is set and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove the cakes from the pans and allow to cool on a wire rack until cooled completely.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter on medium speed until smooth. Add in the marshmallow creme and mix for an additional minute, or until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the powdered sugar, mixing until combined, then turn the mixer up to medium and mix for another minute.
- Spread onto cooled cake
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth until chocolate is melted combined.
- Stir in corn syrup and allow to cool until slightly thickened.
- Pour over top of the cake and spread to the edges to allow the ganache to drip down the cake.
Garnish the top of the cake with marshmallows and using a kitchen torch, lightly toast the marshmallows.
Serve immediately or keep airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 798
- Sugar: 92.8 g
- Sodium: 254 mg
- Fat: 39.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 112 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 136.9 mg
Keywords: smores cake, s'mores cake, pumpkin cake, pumpkin cake recipe, smores dessert, pumpkin dessert, pumpkin dessert recipe