This Pumpkin S’mores Cake is completely over the top in the best way possible. A soft, delicious pumpkin cake topped with Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting, chocolate ganache, and toasted Campfire Mini Marshmallows!
Looking for more s’mores recipes? Try these S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Pumpkin S’mores Cake
*I was compensated by my friends over at Campfire Marshmallows for my time developing this recipe. I only work with brands that I love, so working together is a breeze!
GUYSSSSSS. Can you even right now with this cake? It’s basically a Thanksgiving dream come true. Pumpkin Cake has never looked as good as it does today…and I promise you that even that one person you know who “hates” pumpkin will have their life ROCKED with this beauty.
Don’t marshmallows make everything more fun? They’re an everyday sweet treat but also a staple for holiday recipes. My favorite part of Thanksgiving when I was little (and also now) was the toasty marshmallows on top of the sweet potato casserole. AND Campfire® has fun, festive Marshmallows for every season.
Anyhow, I have your holiday dessert situation all figured out for you with this Pumpkin S’mores Cake. First, it’s a stunner. Second, it’s absolutely delicious. And third, it gives you a chance to break out the kitchen torch. Am I right?
How to Make Pumpkin S’mores Cake
The pumpkin cake recipe is 100% easy. It starts with a boxed mix with a few add-in ingredients. Like pumpkin, obviously. The frosting is made with marshmallow creme and butter, so it’s all your frosting dreams in one place. AND there’s a rich chocolate ganache poured all over the top to add a little drama, but also be a happy place for all your mini marshmallows to reside.
And I mentioned that kitchen torch already, right?
When you slice this beautiful Pumpkin Smores Cake, be prepared for people to ooh and ahh. There’s no way around it.
This slice deserves a place on your holiday table!
This Pumpkin Smores Cake is so over the top is all the best ways! I know you will love it!Print
This Pumpkin S’mores Cake is completely over the top delicious in the best way possible. It combines summer and fall into one show-stopping cake. It’s a soft, delicious pumpkin cake topped with Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting, chocolate ganache, and toasted Campfire Mini Marshmallows!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (like Libby’s canned pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 14 ounces marshmallow creme
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups Campfire® Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat 2, 8- inch round pans with nonstick spray. Line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper cut to fit, and spray again. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the cake mix, pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Mix on low to combine for 30 seconds and then turn the mixer up to medium and continue mixing for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Divide the batter between the two pans evenly and bake for 25-35 minutes until the centers of the cake is set and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove the cakes from the pans and allow to cool on a wire rack until cooled completely.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter on medium speed until smooth. Add in the marshmallow creme and mix for an additional minute, or until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the powdered sugar, mixing until combined, then turn the mixer up to medium and mix for another minute.
- Spread onto cooled cake
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth until chocolate is melted combined.
- Stir in corn syrup and allow to cool until slightly thickened.
- Pour over top of the cake and spread to the edges to allow the ganache to drip down the cake.
Garnish the top of the cake with marshmallows and using a kitchen torch, lightly toast the marshmallows.
Serve immediately or keep airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: smores cake, s'mores cake, pumpkin cake, pumpkin cake recipe, smores dessert, pumpkin dessert, pumpkin dessert recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
The contest runs between November 1st – 15th and you could win a $500 gift card to Amazon just in time for the holidays!! Hop over to the Campfire® site for all the details!!