- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp salted butter, room temperature (I used Challenge Butter)
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat sugar and water until it comes to a boil, stirring gently only once or twice. Once mixture comes to a boil, do not stir again. *Tip ~ if you notice a lot of sugar crystals forming on the sides of the pan, wet a pastry brush and wipe down the sides carefully. Allow mixture to boil for 6-7 minutes until mixture is a golden brown and remove from heat.
- Immediately whisk in heavy cream slowly. Add in butter and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- Serve warm, room temperature or cool. Mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Store airtight in refrigerator for up to 7 days.