- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1½ Tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup Rainbow Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°/175°C
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine brown sugar and cocoa powder. Mix on medium speed until all lumps are gone.
- Add in the melted butter, vanilla and eggs and mix until thickened and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Finally add in flour and mix until combined.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake 15-20 minutes until center is just set.
- While the brownies are baking prepare your frosting my beating the butter and cocoa powder together. Add in milk and powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Allow the brownies to cool for about 10 minutes and then spread on the frosting. The brownies will still be warm, this is what you want. Then sprinkle the rainbow chips on the frosting, pressing gently so they stick.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares,
If you don’t want to use a stand mixer for this recipe, just whisk the sugar and cocoa powder together and then follow the instructions using a wooden spoon to mix the rest of the batter until it’s smooth.