Rainbow Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick and soft rainbow cookies, that just happen to be some of the best chocolate chip cookies ever!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 different colors food coloring.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and both sugars together for 2 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and continue mixing for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips evenly.
- Divide the cookie dough into 4 equal portions. Using the food coloring, color the doughs as desired.
- Roll each colored dough into approximately a 15-inch rope.Place each colored rope next to each other on a large piece of cling wrap. Wrap the cling wrap up tightly, pressing the doughs together forming a large log. Remove the cling wrap and breaking off the dough with your hands into approximately 2-tablespoon portions. Roll the dough into a loose ball and place it onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes or until the edges are set. Don’t over bake these!!
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Careful to not over bake these. There is a slightly larger amount of flour in these to ensure thickness, but if you bake them too long, they will get very firm. The cookies might even seem under-baked when you remove them from the oven. This is fine.
Place a few extra chocolate chips on top of the dough, if desired, just to look pretty.
Keywords:: cookie recipe, rainbow cookies, chocolate chip cookies, recipe