makes 24 rice krispie treats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 oz large marshmallows (or a 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows)
- 1/3 cup dry Red Velvet Cake mix
- 6 cup rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup butter or cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Line a 10″x15″ jelly roll pan with foil and grease lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in dry cake mix, stirring until mixed completely with marshmallow.
- Stir in rice krispie cereal and coat evenly with mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press evenly. Let cool.
- Make filling by beating butter and powdered sugar together.
- Cut the krispie treat sheet in half, so you have two equal portions, and spread the filling on one of the portions.
- Place the other half on top and cut into squares.
store airtight for up to 2 days.