This easy 3 ingredient Red Velvet Popcorn is such a fun snack or dessert! It makes a super cute Valentine’s Day gift and it’s a great treat to munch on during a movie!
- 1/2 cup unpopped kernels approx 16 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups red velvet cake crumbs (about 1/4 of a 9x13 cake)
- 20 oz white chocolate or white melting candy, such as almond bark or disks)
- Pop the popcorn using an air popper into a large bowl.
- Melt your white chocolate according to package directions. I use a double boiler for white chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and stir to coat completely.
- Pour the popcorn onto a waxed paper lined counter and sprinkle with your red velvet crumbs.
- Let it dry completely before eating.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
If you don’t have an air popper you can use 2 bags of microwave popcorn, just make sure you get the lightly salted/buttered or a “natural”.
Also, this recipe calls for approx 3 cups red velvet cake crumbs. This doesn’t have to be exact. Use more or less depending on the results you desire.
If you use a boxed mix red velvet cake you will be using about 1/4 of the cake. I baked mine in a 9×13 pan.
Keywords:: popcorn recipe, easy snack recipe, easy dessert recipe, homemade popcorn, snack recipe, simple dessert recipe, valentines day dessert, valentines dessert