These easy Salted Caramel Macaroons are the perfect combo of sweet and salty! Coconut cookies dipped in chocolate and drizzled with caramel sauce. A coconut lover’s dream!
- 1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 2 (14 oz) bag shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2– 2 tsp tsp sea salt, divided (I used flaked sea salt)
- 1 cup milk chocolate
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it lightly with cooking spray. Set aside
- In a large bowl combine flour, sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce. Add in coconut and 1 tsp of sea salt. Stir until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon on lined baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Melt milk chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted, stirring after each interval.
- When cookies are cooled dip the bottoms of the cookies into the melted chocolate.
- Melt caramel bits and water in microwave for 45 seconds, or until melted.
- Drizzle caramel over top of the cookies and finish by sprinkling remaining 3/4 tsp sea salt on top of caramel, if desired.
- Let set completely before serving.
adapted from Eagle Brand
Keywords:: coconut cookies, easy cookie recipe, coconut macaroons, how to make macaroons, passover dessert, passover cookies