These rich, chocolatey Salted Chocolate Cookies are so chewy and soft, topped with flakes of sea salt for the perfect subtle crunch!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate chips in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla together on medium speed until combined and creamy. Turn the mixer to low and slowly drizzle the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Once it’s all added, turn the mixer up to medium and mix until evenly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Stir in the flour mixture until incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets 2- inches apart. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the tops are set, and crinkly.
- While the cookies are still warm, sprinkle them with sea salt. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
The cookies will crinkle more, the warmer the dough is when baked. As the dough cools off the crinkle tops will be a little more subtle.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Freeze baked cookies for up to 30 days.