makes 30 bars
- 1 lb. salted butter room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs vanilla
- 4 cups AP flour
- 1 cup Nutella
- *1-2 tsp flaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In bowl of mixer combine butter and sugars. Using mixer on medium speed, beat together until creamy. Add the vanilla and beat until combined. Slowly add the flour into the butter mixture stirring until dough combines together.
- Press about one-third of the dough evenly into the pan to form a bottom crust. Wrap remaining dough in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator.
- Bake crust until firm and the edges are a pale golden brown approx 12-14 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool about 15 minutes.
- Spread Nutella evenly over crust, about 1/4 inch away from the edge of the crust.
- Remove remaining dough from refrigerator and crumble remaining dough on top. Finish baking 20-25 minutes until top is set and lightly golden.
- Sprinkle immediately with flaked salt, if desired.
- Cool and cut into squares.