makes 35 bars
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 7 oz Marshmallow Creme or Fluff
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 14 oz unwrapped caramels
- 3 Tbsp milk
- flaked sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl beat butter and brown sugar together until evenly mixed. Add in egg yolks and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Scraping sides as needed.
- Turn mixer to low and add in baking soda, flour and pretzels and beat until combined.
- Press the dough into prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, combine marshmallow creme and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat on full power for 45 seconds, stirring to combine. If needed continue heating in 15 second increments until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar.
- When crust is done, spread marshmallow mixture carefully on top. Then sprinkle evenly with peanuts. Set aside.
- Combine caramels and milk in a medium saucepan over medium low heat and heat until caramels are melted, stirring frequently.
- Pour melted caramel over the top of the peanuts.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. Easily lift foil out of pan and cut.
slightly adapted from BHG Baking